Are you a newbie to Digital Marketing or a seasoned marketer who is still struggling to rank on Google?
If any of these two questions bog you every night, this article is for you.
The idea is to target the keyword! When someone looks up in Google for a keyword, your website should pop up in the first three results or on the first page at least.
However, targeting the keyword alone may not suffice. You would need to master all the aspects of marketing, including optimization, unique content, and social media, to achieve the best Google results.
It is not a walk in the park! The search engine uses a blend of algorithms to rank a particular website.
Read on to how you can master these skills to get your website ranked at the top on the Google search results.
Why Rank Your Website in Google?
Google is the primary hub for business and audience alike, with people making 5.4 billion searches every day and over 60% of them shopping online.
It is vital to rank in the search engine, moreover rank higher, to encourage search engine users to visit your site.
Though a viewer does not click and land on your page straight away, your website will still be visible on the search results, which will increase your brand exposure and recognition.
As a result, achieving a higher position in Google's ranking becomes crucial.
An increase in search result page rankings improves your website's capacity to generate traffic, and a better-optimized webpage will increase the likelihood of getting new leads.
So, it is a Win-Win!
6 Attention-Grabbing Strategies to Rank Your Website in Google
The task of ranking a website is becoming challenging every day. So, how can you stand out in a marketplace?
It is an art to make your website visible in Google rank. Many of us want the speedy result but improving the website's ranking takes time.
Here are some of the best attention-grabbing strategies to rank your website on Google.
1. Quality Content
Content is King! And, quality content will solve most of the reader's problems.
On an organizational or personal level, content creation is an essential component of an online marketing plan for a company.
To achieve exceptional positioning in web search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others, you need high-quality, unique, and updated content.
Similarly, other websites are more likely to link back to you when your content is one of its kind, increasing your prominence around the web.
Ask yourself –What does your audience want to read? It will help solve the audience problem.
Here is how to draft a Quality Content
- Find an excellent topic to write about. A unique and catchy topic grabs the attention of the users. Use SEO-friendly titles.
- Research Keyword to include in your article. Making a list of keywords to focus on in your writing will help your article appear in the google search engine. You can use Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, Soolve, Ahrefs, etc.
- Please keep it simple with short paragraphs. Long articles take a lot of time to read. The audience generally ignores long sections. Short paragraphs hold the reader's attention.
- Ensure your content has a flow. Write like a storyteller or screenwriter drafts a well-connecting story.
- Go through the articles online. Examine articles about your subject that have been published online. Use them as sources and references. NEVER PLAGIARIZE!
- Ask your audience. Asking questions makes it easier to understand them and find the best topic for your content.
The content that attracts attention online is written in a specific way that sets it apart from other pieces of content.
"Content marketing is like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there won't be a second one." – David Beebe
2. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Regardless of how well-written your content is, your site is less likely to rank on Google if you fail to optimize it.
SEO brings traffic to your website while your content keeps them hooked.
In simple terms, SEO refers to the most popular approach of working on your website to improve its visibility online.
The more your pages are indexed on Google, the higher you are ranked, the more viewers you will draw from it.
How does SEO Work?
SEO is the natural or organic process to improve the rank of a site on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
The search algorithms are made in such a way that gives the audience a phenomenal search experience. It improves your site and content by remembering various factors to help your page rank higher in search results.
There are many SEO ranking factors that you can follow:
- Mobile-Friendly Website
- Quality Fresh Content
- Inbound and outbound links.
- Page speed
- URL Length
- Technical SEO
- Secure website.
How to Optimize a Website for Mobile
Mobile optimization is a crucial factor that helps any website rank higher in Google. It is one of the critical criteria set by Google for ranking a website.
Over 80% of Americans own a smartphone, and about 90% shop through mobile devices.
Mobile optimization ensures that your website presents well on a mobile device.
Therefore, mobile optimization is as vital as other search engine optimization techniques.
Please read our article about how to optimize a website for mobile
3. Image Optimization
Approximately 90% of the information comprehend by your mind is visual.
Image optimization for your website is more than just a means to make your photos seem more likable.
It is the key to boosting the number of visitors that would visit your website from the search engine.
Here is how to optimize an image
- Work on image size and resolution. Reduce the size while maintaining the same level of quality, using tools like Photoshop and GIMP.
- Use the caption and alt tag to describe the image. Google cannot read the image directly. Using alt tags and text for the image lets Google understand what the image is about.
- Share the image. Create your profile on different social media and image listing sites like Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, Unsplash, etc.
- Give the image a proper and SEO Friendly title. The SEO-friendly title will help google to find the image quickly when searched.
- Use a readable format. Keep your image in SVG, PNG, JPG, Webp, or JPEG format, producing high-quality pictures. There are online sites where you can convert your image in any form like Adobe, CDKM, etc.
The image allows you to explain the thing visually. It adds value to the user's experience. Appearance enhances the quality of your website and makes it more appealing.
4. Use Social Media to Grab the Attention
Social media is the simple and most used way to grab users' attention and attract them to your website.
It doesn't directly contribute to ranking your website. However, the links that you share will likely increase your website's exposure.
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, plus a social media overreaction."
It is one way to tell the world about your new content and an effective one.
You can attract attention on social media by posting images and videos, asking questions, polls, answering queries and comments, etc.
Take advantage of a few popular social media like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Twitter.
Read 7 proven ways to generate social media leads to understanding how does social media help boost SEO.
5. Keep Yourself Updated with the Google Algorithm
Google Algorithms are very important for the succession of a website. It is essential to be aware of Google algorithms to stay top of the list.
According to Neil Patel,
People change. Plain and simple. And as our behavior changes, technology evolves to keep up with our wants and needs. So, search engines have to change too.
For years, Google has been collecting data and knowledge about visitors to build a framework that would improve the user's experience—and this is something that changes regularly.
The algorithms analyze your content and rank your website based on content originality, clarity, ease of navigation, keyword usage, page speed, etc.
Hence, you need to keep yourself updated to plan wisely.
The SERP is influenced substantially by the factors like Fred, Intrusive Interstitials, Pigeon, Page Layout, Rank brain, Penguin, Hummingbird, EMD, Panda, Mobilegeddon, and other factors.
Here is a brief guide about all the essential Google algorithms that have ever been introduced.
6. Reduce the Bounce Rate
When ranking a webpage, Google considers a variety of interaction signals. Bounce rate is one of those.
Bounce rate can be a proxy for engagement.
A bounced visitor is a missed opportunity. They are the visitors who came to your website but did not interact, visit other pages, sign-up, etc.
If most of your audience leaves your website after the first page, you fail to convert them into your customers or regular visitors.
You make a visitor stay when you can make that great first impression.
These people are interested in learning more about your product or brand and subsequently sign up. They get closer to conversion with each new page they visit.
Here is How You Can Reduce the Bounce Rate.
- Make the landing page of your website keyword targeted, so it stays relevant to what a person is searching.
- Ensure your page takes less time to load as the visitors hate to wait.
- Define your audience and narrow it down. The bounce rate will soar if they appear to the wrong audience group.
- Avoid popups on the website that can irritate anyone.
- Add proper images infographics that are attractive and relevant.
- Include a catchy meta description and title to attract the users.
- Add CTA – Click-Through Action button on the landing page.
Reducing bounce rate aids in improving conversion rate. You can build a content strategy that will expand your business after grasping the art of conversion.
Google is the one-stop solution for millions of people looking for answers to their queries, large or small.
It may take time and effort to climb the ranks, but you will be rewarded with significant benefits once you do.
Start with identifying the things that will pique your audience's interest and create intriguing contents that are easy to comprehend. Then go ahead from there.