With five billion people using the internet today, the rise in the number of online shoppers is getting significantly higher each year.
The number of people buying online reached 2.14 billion in 2021, about 27.6% of the world population, which means more than one out of every four people in the world is an online shopper.
This poses a problem for small and medium businesses that are yet to prepare or struggling with online commerce. So what do you need to do?
The answer is digital marketing, which provides small and medium-sized businesses with the best chance to compete, survive, and even scale their business.
Set up sales goals, create a clear branding message, invest in UI/UX and social media marketing, offer giveaways and discounts, and improve customer service to boost online sales.
However, it is not that easy to increase online sales. Marketers must constantly update and refine their digital marketing strategy to avoid being stale and step ahead in the competition.
Read on to learn the core strategies in digital marketing that helps to increase your online sales as well as work best for your business.
Proven Ways in Digital Marketing that Helps to Increase Online Sales
There are countless ways consumers interact with brands online, including websites, social media platforms, apps, and so on.
Check out the ways in digital marketing that will help increase online sales.
1. Set Your Sales Goals
Only selling products and services is not enough. The first step to increasing online sales is clearly identifying your sales goals.
Evaluate the percentage of growth you will target based on specific strategies aligned with your revenue goals.
- Conduct market research and set SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound) sales goals.
- Observe and know your customer needs.
- Outline your marketing strategy and execute it well to increase online sales conversions based on the research and buyer's personas.
- Consider measuring your sales activities like prospecting time, the number of new sales, lead conversions, total monthly income, etc.
- Studying sales reports can also help you get a baseline idea of setting new sales targets for the future.
Once the goals are set, the sales team is accountable for converting them into trackable action.
2. Create Clear Brand Messaging
The average reader spends approximately 15 seconds scanning a piece of web information before deciding whether to stay and read or move on to another.
Brand messaging is the unique value proposition that inspires customers to buy your product.
The more consistent your messaging is, the better your branding will be. Your brand must build awareness and develop trust and loyalty with customers.
Some best practices to increase online sales:
- Create sales copies to persuade the consumers to buy your product or service. The best sales copy focuses on how the end consumers can benefit from whatever you are selling.
- Develop your business tagline that is a catchy, short, and memorable phrase that summarizes your brand.
- Explain how your product or service solves customer's problems, what specific benefits it will deliver, and why they should buy from you.
- Make sure that all marketing touch points are consistent across marketing platforms such as your website, social media, business cards, etc., that reflect your brand personality and messaging.
3. Invest in UI/UX for Web Design
Time has changed, and so have the ways to shop. Customers want a seamless shopping experience, especially when shopping online.
Top brands like Nike, Tesla, Apple, and Amazon do not throw millions at web design just for fun. They know it sells better.
A well-structured website design is attractive and effective in providing the best user experience.
However, the poor user experience may encourage customers to abandon your site. In fact, 88% of users are less likely to return to a site after a bad user experience.
What makes a good user experience web design?
- Easy to use, simple, and familiar user interface.
- Place a call to action (CTA) in the crucial section of the webpage to encourage visitors to take action.
- Provide simple navigation to internal pages allowing consumers to find the specific information they want, resulting in increased sales.
- Use appealing headings that make it easy to scan and find content your potential customers are looking for.
- Personalize your website by including customized landing pages, featured sections, voice search, offer or discount pop-up.
Your business website is the center of all your digital marketing efforts.
By providing a great user experience for your users, you can increase the probability of gaining customers.
Get in touch with Searchable Design, the best web development agency in the USA, to create attention-grabbing and -user-experience web designs.
4. Social Media Marketing
54% of internet-goers use social media to find information on potential products and services to purchase.
Nowadays, your business’s social media presence is more than just a trend. It is a platform to drive sales.
It not only improves your visibility but helps you connect with your customers.
As a result, it is essential to have business social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to keep your customer base engaged.
How does social media marketing help with sales
- Social media lets you reach a larger audience to increase your presence among potential customers.
- Builds your brand’s authority that tells you are trustworthy, knowledgeable, and approachable.
- Frequent social media posts encourage engagement, allowing the immediate connection, relationship building, and client loyalty.
- Develops your reputation as a responsive, caring brand by offering support through social channels.
Hence, having a solid social media presence and branding will increase conversion rate and online sales.
For more information check this infographic out.
5. Running Ads
Running ads is a great way to reach out to your customers and expose your brand to a large audience, which helps to increase sales.
There are plenty of ways to advertise your business to increase sales.
You can run paid ads across your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
PPC ads work similarly to SEO, encouraging visitors to click on them to find what they are looking for.
Similarly, running ads on social media platforms has made significant improvements lately. Tools like these make invaluable online marketing options.
- Increase brand awareness by sharing clear and precise content with people inside and outside your networks.
- Using the targeting and analytics features of the ad platforms can give you deeper insights and understanding of your target audiences.
- Improve traffic to your website, which needs to occur before sales take place.
- Focus on the quality over the quantity of your business's products or services.
6. Optimize for Mobile
With 5 billion people using mobile devices worldwide, there is a rise in mobile users spending more time accessing the website and social media than desktop users.
This means the users are more into mobile than desktop. As a result, having a mobile-friendly website and social media content is critical.
Follow these suggestions to make the most of social media content optimized for mobile devices.
- Focus on simple objectives for your posts
- Post at the time when mobile users are usually online
- Implement device targeting with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Use mobile post formats
- Send users to mobile-optimized landing pages
7. Giveaways and Discounts
Price is the most significant factor in deciding whether or not to buy a product or service is the price.
Over 88 percent of shoppers use a coupon or discount code in the USA, indicating that most are looking for a good bargain.
Therefore, people love giveaways and discounts.
Offering giveaways or discounts on products and services occasionally can encourage customers to buy from you, increasing purchases.
- Good discounts have great power to influence purchasing decisions. Customers do not want to miss such limited period discounts that work for them.
- Offering discounts can motivate price-sensitive shoppers as it creates a special purchasing opportunity.
- Offering complementary products and services can improve sales without additional overhead costs.
- Using pop-ups while browsing a website can help lessen shopping cart abandonment rates and increase conversions.
8. Improve Customer Service
Make it easy for potential customers to browse your products on the website and social media, making them less likely to abandon the shopping cart.
- Make a variety of payment methods available, including options like credit cards, PayPal, transfers, or even cash on delivery.
- Have an easy purchase process where users can buy a product with just a few clicks.
- Avoid additional charges as it upsets buyers and increases the abandonment rates. If you apply extra charges to the price of a product, always indicate it as clearly and early as possible.
- Make shipping costs free if possible. Otherwise, keep it low.
- Offer the possibility of making exchanges or returns.
- Fast delivery service.
Having a solid digital marketing strategy will overcome the challenges of poor online sales and a dwindling revenue stream.
Following each of the above strategies can significantly increase online sales and generate high revenue in the right circumstances.
Need help handle digital marketing for your business to increase online sales? Get in touch with Searchable Design, the best digital marketing agency in the USA.