Quality is a key to sell any product and service because customers will scrutinize and test you on each step.
Likewise, just having a website is not enough for any business. You should ensure your product stands all sorts of tests to ensure reliability.
To maintain all these qualities, the website should be well tested, and QA does this process of testing a website.
Everything about your website counts, from the content to accessibility, UI UX design, functionality, and SEO optimization, to ensure that everything is working seamlessly and end-users do not face any hindrance while using your website.
For this, website quality assurance collaborates with developers and optimizers to ensure that everything displays and functions as planned across all relevant devices and browsers.
Read on to learn about the top crucial web quality assurance factors.
Top Crucial Web Quality Assurance Factors
Web quality assurance's main aim is to find any bugs, faults, or defects in the website. It prevents a poor-performing website and saves you reputation, time, and money.
It guarantees the delivery of a high-quality website while upholding the website's quality, safety, and performance, delivering the best possible outcome for the end-users.
Follow these factors to ensure your website functions optimally across the broadest range possible.
1. Functionality Testing
Functionality testing includes checking the operation of the website and its main functions. It helps locate functional problems that often go unnoticed, helping determine features that do not work correctly.
It consists checking;
- HTML and CSSS
- Design features (dropdowns, internal links, custom forms, authorization, and registration fields, plugins
- Cookie testing
- Broken links, outgoing links
- Database testing
Your website cannot operate without these.
Here are the tips to help you improve the functional aspects of your web product.
- Ensure proper navigation.
- Test integration with CRM, Newsletter subscription, Analytics, Helpdesk, and other systems.
- Testing the performance of user forms on the site, including authorization, registration, feedback, adding a comment to a blog, etc.
- Check login or register system, including forgotten password and my account.
- Ensure all the links on the site are functional.
- Check E-commerce site functionalities.
- Check hyperlinks, and find broken links like testing the shopping basket and full checkout process.
- Check payment processing of each card type.
- Check the uploading of files to the server.
- Check the performance of the counters installed on the site pages.
- View for compliance with the content of the pages of the website with the original content provided by the customer.
Fixing these problems increases the conversion rate and the quality of your website overall.
2. UX & UI Design/Usability Testing
Usability testing is necessary to ensure that the website offers an optimal user experience.
According to statistics, 4% of users who encounter poor UX will contact support, while 91% will leave websites without complaining about the bad experience.
You should run a website usability test in order to create the best user experience and understand the usability of a website.
It can help you identify issues that would not be uncovered otherwise.
Check out the following usability testing tips.
- Check for compliance with all graphical interfaces standards
- Test on different screen resolutions
- Check compatibility with all browsers and their versions
- Interface testing for smartphones and tablets
- Localize testing: translation accuracy, title length checking, etc.
- Check if your website runs on different browsers, mobile devices, and tablets.
Moreover, ensure that the website's appearance is attractive, consistent, and clean to make it comprehensible.
Assess it in different settings and gadgets to see whether your site looks as good on mobile as on desktop.
3. Content Quality Testing
Did you know 92% of marketers and businesses report content as a valuable business asset?
The quality of the content is another significant criterion in the calculation of quality assurance.
A web page with low-quality content creates a significant negative impression, leading to a high bounce rate from your website.
Focus on the following things while determining the quality of content.
- No spelling or grammar errors.
- It should be clearly written and comprehensive.
- Ecommerce content should allow users to find the products easily.
- Check the relevance of your content. Monitor how appropriate the information about your products and services is.
- Check the facts carefully, provide links to them, and stay on trend.
- Check if there is any discrepancy and plagiarism in your content.
- Keep organized content layout.
- Equip your website with audio, video, and animated elements to make your content more interactive.
- Check that your website is accessible from all operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS.
These are some of the basic guidelines to be followed to get quality content in web development and attract new visitors to your site.
The information must be thorough, correctly presented, and accurate to make it easy for readers to understand the various traits and concepts.
It is the only way to maintain the position of an expert in your customer’s eyes.
Check the infographic below for more information.
4. SEO Testing
SEO optimization tests include the activities that aim to ensure that the website fulfills Google's criteria to be ranked highly in search results.
Since SEO drives ten times more traffic than organic social media, focusing on SEO-optimized website help get leads and turn them into sales.
Use the following guide to conduct SEO testing.
- Make the URL structure short and user-friendly.
- Ensure the title tag and Meta descriptions are available and concise with keywords.
- Increase page load speed.
- Make sure social media icons are linked correctly.
- Customize the 404 error page.
- Make sure the HTML site map is set up within Google.
- Do not miss out on highlighting all the links and buttons.
- Cross browser compatibility.
- Include the company logo.
- Provide standard validation messages.
Testing specifically for SEO can be challenging and requires extra attention to detail.
It is time-consuming, but in the end, the time spent is well worth it and will always result in a happier and more satisfied customer.
5. Accessibility Testing
Web accessibility testing helps businesses make digital content accessible to people with disabilities.
However, 98% of the world’s top one million websites do not offer full accessibility.
Currently, many websites and tools are developed with accessibility barriers that make them difficult or impossible for some people to use.
It is essential to test all sites and tools for accessibility to improve the customer experience.
Doing accessibility testing allows finding barriers in the design, navigation, content, or structure of the website that limit interaction with it for viewers.
- Add contrasting colors for visually impaired users to perceive them. Use WebAIM for color contrast ideas.
- Check whether your website color choices harmonize and stay relevant.
- The images of the website should have the appropriate resolution. Check the text of the images whether they are readable or not.
- Check if the site looks great and performs as expected on different browsers and screen resolutions.
- Ensure all of your images have alt tags and comprehensive descriptions.
- Make sure the content is lined up correctly.
- Use header tags (H1, H2, and H3) to demarcate content and help users read and absorb it more easily.
- Access your website with the help of your keyboard.
Improving website accessibility can help you extend your audience reach, reduce legal action risks, and demonstrate social responsibility.
To deliver high-quality products consistently, quality assurance standards must be in place.
Companies must understand the importance of quality assurance in web testing to stay ahead and beat their competitors.
Overall, the value and significance of quality assurance and testing in bringing innovative websites into play are immense.
However, it can be challenging to effectively cope with all the flaws and quickly fix them on your own.
Get professional help from Searchable Design, the best web development company in the USA.